You knew it couldn’t last forever, but still didn’t realize that the end would come this quickly and be so painful.
Mom 2.0 Summit 2018 is over.
Reentry to the real world can be hard, but you’re not alone. In fact, all 800 of us are drifting through our lives today wondering why these vaguely-familiar little humans keep asking us for things like “cereal” and all we can say is, “TWO DAYS AGO I WAS EATING MY BODY WEIGHT IN CHEESE BLINTZES AND NO ONE WAS ASKING ME FOR THINGS!”
Speaking of which, let’s jump into #1 of the Ten Signs You’re Experiencing #Mom2Summit Reentry Syndrome.
- You spent the day filing complaints with the airline for shrinking all the clothes in your luggage (and now need to buy a new scale.)
2. Disappointed that your new life only includes one toilet paper roll at time, none of which are folded into points AND that you have to bring your own phone in the bathroom.
3. Suffering from a severe sugar crash due to a lack of anatomically correct desserts.
4. Experiencing a general sense of ennui due to the fact there are no giant, brightly colored balloons in your life anymore.
5. Feel a sense of confusion when you’re listening to your favorite podcasts and realize that the people who make them aren’t in the same room with you anymore.
6. You keep waiting for a surprise celebrity to drop by your house but the only exciting visitor has been your Blue Apron delivery.
7. You feel a twinge of shame as you (may or may not have) tried to lick every last crumb out of the Dove cookie bag that somehow ended up in your toiletry case.
8. Keep repeating, “It’s better to have loved and lost…” over and over as you finish the last Loacker Quadratini wafer cookie.
9. Befuddled by the fact that no one has stopped you on the street (yet) today for a spontaneous hug or a group selfie.
10. Annoyed that when you want bread pudding at 11pm there’s a) no friend there to convince you what a great idea that is and b) no one to call to bring it to you while you lie in bed.
Fortunately, there is a cure to Mom 2.0 Summit Reentry Disorder: buying a ticket to Mom 2.0 Summit 2019 in Austin, TX. Our Austin crew will be here waiting for you so save the date for April 24-26 2019 and keep an eye open for when tickets go on sale this fall at Mom2.com
And the best news is that now Heidi won’t have to drive us all to the airport at 4:30am next year.
See y’all next year in Austin!
I’m writing a book! Sign up for my newsletter to get updates during the process and get tips on fun things I’m reading, watching and listening to.
One thought on “10 Signs You’re Experiencing Mom 2.0 Summit Reentry Syndrome”
Pingback:Mom 2.0 Summit TEN: the Recaps - Mom 2.0 | Moms + Marketers + Media
Comments are closed.