What is MEsearch?
It’s taking the time to explore and investigate, (aka research,) about “ME”! (Not, ME-me – that would be weird, I mean YOU-me.)
The point is to take at least 1-2 hours a week to do something BY YOURSELF in an effort to learn more about yourself = MEsearch!
Think of at as a date with yourself. Have fun planning it & anticipating it.
Rules: (I’m type A, sorry, there are rules.)
- It has to be BY YOURSELF (not like alone in a forest, ‘yourself’ – you can go to a restaurant or something, but you can’t go WITH anyone else.)
- Don’t use it to check something off your to-do list. This isn’t about being practical, it’s about making special time for yourself.
- Choose something that is outside the norm or your comfort zone.
- Don’t think you have to spend a lot of money. There are tons of free options.
Use Mondays to brainstorm and research our MEsearch date for the week.
Ideas to get you started:
- Take a walk through a park you’ve never visited before
- Have lunch at a restaurant that serves a type of food you’ve never tried before.
- Try something you’ve had a million times a different way. Always have eggs scrambled? Try one poached this week!
- Go to one of those ‘drink wine while you paint’ classes.
- Attend a book reading at a local library
- Attend a craft event at a local community center.
- Play miniature golf.
- Go bowling.
- Try a trapeze class.
- Try a hot yoga class.
- Try a zip line.
- Go to a film with subtitles.
What are some things you’ve been wanting to try but have been hesitant to do? Get it on your calendar and leave your ideas here in case anyone else needs ideas.
Get more daily micro-resolutions over at my Dusting Off My Parachute Group.