Even on a good day, there are quite a few reasons to be annoyed by school photo day.
- You have to remember that it’s school photo day.
- You have to fight with your kid about why for ONE DAY you would like them to consider wearing a shirt that doesn’t have a picture on the front of it.
- You have to have them practice a smile that doesn’t look like they’re plotting the photographer’s death and/or hitting the peak of an acid trip.
But the absolute worst part of photo day is dealing with the purchase procedure of said photos.
- Choose from backgrounds. This year’s selections included, “Barbara Walters 1984 Interview,” “Between Two Ferns,” “A River Runs Through It,” “That Scene From Gravity When Sandra Bullock Floats Away,” or “Underage Camp Counselor.”
- Select from packages A-Q, ranging in price from a minimum of $20 to a maximum of infinity dollars, because of all the mind-boggling add-ons like puzzles of your face, and note pads of your face, and pillows of your face so you can put your face on your face.
- Use the convenient “pay online feature” so your kid can keep saying, “there’s no money with the order form…they won’t let me get my picture taken if you don’t pay….I don’t think that code counts, I think they only take real money….”
- Pay with a check, if you can find your checkbook, because, do they even make checks anymore?
- Forget to put the order form in your kid’s backpack.
- Deliver order form to school office and add to a 3″ pile of other forgotten order forms.